Today we’re gonna talk about what to do if your baby pees five minutes after offering the potty, when doing elimination communication.
Have you ever had this happen to you? You offer your baby a pottytunity, your baby doesn't go, but then baby pees five minutes later in the diaper or on the floor.
Probably most of you are nodding your heads, because this is actually really common. Today we're going to talk about a few of the reasons this might happen, and what you can do about it.
You will learn:
- How to get back on the same page with your baby
- How to deal with this issue while still in the bathroom
- Whether to move on the next potty
- Where your baby’s growth fits into the picture
- Whether to potty baby outside during this time (or if that will screw everything up).
The Classic EC Position while Squatting
Download the free Observation Log (as I mentioned in today’s show):
Links and other resources mentioned today:
- The Go Diaper Free Book
- Tiny Potty Training Book
- Free Observation Log
- Episode 26: Getting Back on Track with EC
- Episode 59: Passing the baton
- Episode 60: Won't sit
- Episode 39: Moving from in-arms to a potty
- Episode 40: Transitioning to the big toilet
- Episode 53: The Ultimate Guide to EC Backups
- Locker Mirror
- Toilet Seat Reducer
- Top Hat Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Mini Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Easy Start Guide for EC (Free Download)
Download the Transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Watch the Video Version
If you want to watch me record today’s podcast episode, you can do that on my youtube version right here:
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show and help more parents find out about EC:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share your thoughts by leaving a note in the comments section below!
What will you implement from today's show? Do you have any other ideas that have worked for you? Please leave a comment below!
I look forward to chatting with you in the comments.