Any way you slice it, the expenses involved with raising a baby can add up - even more so when you have 5 kids like we do! But there is one area where you can cut costs significantly. Today's episode is all about how to save money on diapers.
Obviously, doing full-time Elimination Communication will save you a lot on diapers - most parents use only ⅓ of the total diapers they would have used if they didn’t do EC - and some parents never use diapers at all. But, even if you don't do EC full time, there are ways to save on diaper expenses that add up over the long run - creative solutions that we can all practice today. So, let's start saving you some money on diapers already!
Today I’ll share:
- How working with your child's rhythms will lead you to less diaper waste
- Whether EC is all or nothing
- How thoughtful shopping can save you a lot on diapers
- What your cloth diaper supply should look like
- How when you start EC can impact your wallet
- Other tips for creatively saving on diapers
- A story from one of our coach trainees, who is the most bootstrapping mama I think I’ve ever met when it comes to living with less and making it work...out of pure necessity.
Links and other resources mentioned today:
- The Go Diaper Free Book
- Tiny Potty Training Book
- Episode 1: Why Parents are Going Diaper Free
- Episode 2: What in the World is Elimination Communication?
- Episode 3: When to Begin Elimination Communication
- Episode 4: The 9 EC No-no's
- Workhorse Diaper
- Tiny Trainers
- TinyUps Cloth Cover
- TinyBums Cloth Diaper
- Learn Undies and Trainers
- DYPER Biodegradable Diaper Backup
- Cotton Prefolds
- Blog Post: How to Send Your Young Toddler to Preschool or Daycare without Diapers
- Toilet Seat Reducer
- Top Hat Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Mini Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Easy Start Guide for EC (Free Download)
Download the Transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Watch the Video Version
If you want to watch me record today’s podcast episode, you can do that on my youtube version right here:
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show and help more parents find out about EC:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share your thoughts by leaving a note in the comments section below!
Have I missed any brilliant ideas for saving money on diapers? How much have you saved, or are expecting to save, by doing Elimination Communication or early potty training? Please leave a comment below!
I look forward to chatting with you in the comments.