When two partners don't see eye to eye on parenting decisions, it can make things really hard. Today's episode is all about what to do when daddy won't do elimination communication: how to get your husband on board with infant toilet training.
What do you do if you are the only one in your family who is excited about elimination communication? What if your husband only wants to practice EC in certain situations, but not in public? It can be a frustrating situation to be flying solo with EC, on top of everything else you do every day, mama.
And, worse yet, maybe your husband won’t follow any of your suggestions around baby care, or refuses to help you with ANY of the baby-raising tasks...like, ever. For this, we may have a deeper problem and we will address that today as well (you know if this is you, and I have a marriage-saver for you in this episode, don’t worry).
It can feel like a little hopeless to not have hubs on board with pottying your baby, but there are some things that you can try that might just INSPIRE hubs to team up, for baby’s sake! We’ll cover allll of that today, and more.
(And if you’re not married, feel free to apply this episode to any type of male-identified or male partner here, baby-daddy...whatever you like.)
Today I’ll share:
- How even my husband, Mr. Go Diaper Free, has refused to do EC in the past/present
- Tips for talking to your partner about EC
- How to set up success
- How to avoid negative pressure
- How to find something that works together
- What to do if your partner still isn't on board
- A couple of tips from listeners
Links and other resources mentioned today:
- The Go Diaper Free Book(with Dad's Guide Download)
- Tiny Potty Training Book
- Love and Respect Book
- Love and Respect Workbook
- Love and Respect Podcast
- Episode 31: How to Tell Others about EC
- Top Hat Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Mini Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Easy Start Guide for EC (Free Download)
Video: A Dad's Take on Elimination Communication
Download the Transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Watch the Video Version
If you want to watch me record today’s podcast episode, you can do that on my youtube version right here:
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show and help more parents find out about EC:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share your thoughts by leaving a note in the comments section below!
Do you have any tips for talking about EC with your man (or, daddies, any suggestions for us mamas)? Please leave a comment below!
I look forward to chatting with you in the comments.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from links on this page.