Hiya. Today we're going to talk about The Baby Care Cycle, or rather - what to do, in which order, with a new baby.
When your new baby gets fussy, you (like I used to do) may start grasping at straws trying to figure out what she wants.
You might first try the boob, then rocking and soothing, then the boob again, maybe try to get her to go to sleep, maybe then change a wet or poopy diaper, maybe offer the potty….taking care of a new baby can feel like one gigantic mess of “guesses.”
If your baby is fussy and you just aren't sure what you should try first, or in which order, this episode may help (at the least, I think it will help you figure out WHERE IN THE WORLD TO PUT POTTYING into the hour by hour baby-raising equation).
Let’s go on a little walkabout today where we’ll find a rhythm for your baby-rearing (so you can stop the guessing game already).
You will learn:
- The baby cycle that I use in my own house
- How to set a healthy care cycle from the beginning
- How to adjust cycles to your child's temperament
- How optimal cycles can change with age
- A few tips from our readers!
Links and other resources mentioned today:
- The Go Diaper Free Book
- Free Observation Log
- Babywise (This book has some good tips. Please note I do not advocate cry-it-out/CIO)
- The Baby Sleep Site
- Easy Catch #1
- Easy Catch #2
- Easy Catch #3
- Easy Catch #4
- Kushies Waterproof Pad
- Biodegradable Diaper Backup
- Podcast Episode 51: How to play with a baby
- The Four Roads to Potty Time
- Podcast Episode 8: Baby Signals
- Podcast Episode 10: Natural Timing
- Podcast Episode 12: Transition Times
- Podcast Episode 14: Parent's Intuition
- Top Hat Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Mini Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Easy Start Guide for EC (Free Download)
Download the Transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Watch the Video Version
If you want to watch me record today’s podcast episode, you can do that on my youtube version right here:
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show and help more parents find out about EC:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share your thoughts by leaving a note in the comments section below!
What did you learn today about taking care of your baby with more a rhythm and routine? Anything to add? Please leave a comment below with your experience!
I look forward to chatting with you in the comments.
Disclosure Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from purchases made through the links on this page.