As I've said many times before, it's so important to understand all 4 of what I call "Roads to Potty Time." This episode covers the 3rd way to know it's time to offer the potty to your baby.
Generic (or common) Timing.
Most babies hold their pee in various situations, so pottying them before or after these events is usually successful. These are common times that most babies usually need to pee.
And it's also important to use generic timing to balance your own busy life - how do you integrate potty time into your shopping, visits, classes, events, and daily rhythms like showering, cooking, and bathing?
This session answers all those questions and more.
In this session, you will hear more about:
- Why generic timing is awesome...and how it can be overdone and lead to resistance and potty pauses
- Will your baby really hold it where he's supposed to?
- Will your baby pee while she's in your arms?
- The top 6 times to offer the potty to your baby
- How to integrate pottying into a convenient day-to-day schedule
- A bunch of great examples of what it looks like to practice Elimination Communication by common, or generic, timing
- How to blend the use of generic timing with your baby's natural timing and NOT cause a rebellion!
- Plus much more...
Some links + resources I mentioned in this session
- Finding Balance with Attachment Parenting by Andrea Olson (my other book/audio where I share about my weaning experience and technique with Kaiva)
- Moby Wrap - my top suggestion for tiny babies and great back support for long walks
- EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy (version 3.0) by Andrea Olson has been replaced by my new book, Go Diaper Free: A Simplified Handbook for Elimination Communication, by Andrea Olson
- our community Members' area here on GoDiaperFree
Download the transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Leave a review on iTunes
It helps new parents discover Elimination Communication for the first time! Please leave a review here...it only takes a sec...Thanks!
Please share what generic pottytunities you use with your baby, and how they work for you, in the comments below....
Thanks! xx Andrea