Today we’re going to talk about a fun topic: what to expect when starting solid foods with an EC'd baby!
Are you considering starting solid foods with your baby? Or do you know it’s coming soon? Yay! Starting solid foods is an exciting journey, and one I'm just starting with my six-month-old, Twyla.
So, break out the apple sauce, sweet potato, and banana. Today we're going to talk about what to expect when you start solid foods, and how it can affect elimination communication.
When what goes in changes, what comes out does as well...so let’s talk about what to expect.
You will learn:
- What will change when your baby starts eating solids
- Signs your child is ready to try solid food
- The foods we like to start with in our family
- How to adapt your potty routine
- What the poop actually looks like as you add solid foods to baby’s diet
Links and other resources mentioned today:
- The Go Diaper Free Book
- Baby Meets Potty MiniCourse
- Baby-Led Weaning
- Instant Pot
- Locker Mirror
- Episode 39 - Moving from in-arms to a potty
- Episode 40 - Transitioning to the big toilet
- Top Hat Potty Cozy
- EC Classic Hold
- The Baby Sleep Site
- Go Diaper Free Instagram Account
- Easy Catch #1
- Easy Catch #2
- Easy Catch #3
- Easy Catch #4
- Free Observation Log
- The Tiny Potty Training Book
- Top Hat Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Mini Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Easy Start Guide for EC (Free Download)
Download the Transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Watch the Video Version
If you want to watch me record today’s podcast episode, you can do that on my youtube version right here:
As mentioned in the podcast, here are some photos for you:
Our first homemade baby food starting solids
Twyla's first solid meal
Newborn poop, exclusively breastfed (EBF)
Stage 1: what poop looks like when you start feeding baby solid foods
Stage 2: what poop looks like when you start feeding baby solid foods
Stage 3: what poop looks like when you start feeding baby solid foods
Stage 4: what poop looks like when you start feeding baby solid foods
Starting solids: poop cleanup step 1
Starting solids: poop cleanup step 2
Starting solids: poop cleanup step 3
Starting solids: poop cleanup step 4
Potty in the sink trick for starting solids
Twyla happy after a nice big bowel movement
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show and help more parents find out about EC:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share your thoughts by leaving a note in the comments section below!
Have you started solids yet? If yes, how has it impacted EC? If no, has anything in this episode helped you prepare? Please leave a comment below with your experience!
I look forward to chatting with you in the comments.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from links on this page.