Today we’re going to answer the BIG new thing on everyone’s mind: How DO you potty train a baby?
Sort of a big question, right?
Although I've spent yeeeaaaarrrrrs breaking this topic down into smaller nuggets of information, today I’d like to share my extra-super-simplified answer to this ginormous question...the way I explained it to a bunch of 3rd graders on Career Day at my son’s school.
(These answers will also help you explain EC to family and friends. #because3rdgraders y’all.)
Are ya ready?
You will learn:
- Which instincts every human has, including 3rd graders, grown-ups, and babies
- The difference between 'training' and 'encouraging a natural process'
- What to begin with to ensure your success
- The environmental impact of diapers
- How to explain infant potty training easily!
- And...a helpful EC tip for you from one of our readers.
Links and other resources mentioned today:
- The Go Diaper Free Book
- Baby Meets Potty MiniCourse
- Easy Catch #1
- Easy Catch #2
- Easy Catch #3
- Easy Catch #4
- Blog Post: The dangers of early potty training: Do they really exist?
- Free Observation Log
- The Tiny Potty Training Book
- Top Hat Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Mini Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Easy Start Guide for EC (Free Download)
Download the Transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Watch the Video Version
If you want to watch me record today’s podcast episode, you can do that on my youtube version right here:
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show and help more parents find out about EC:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share your thoughts by leaving a note in the comments section below!
Do you have any tips on how to start EC with a baby, or do you have any questions about the topic of potty training a baby? Please leave a comment below with your experience!
I look forward to chatting with you in the comments.