So today let’s talk about why babies cry while peeing.
You hold your newborn baby over the potty, as carefully and calmly as you’ve been taught...and then your baby begins to cry!
Talk about something that can both unnerve you and cripple your confidence in elimination communication.
Why does this happen? And what can you do?
First, don't panic. Okay? Okay.
This is actually a common phenomenon, and also one that I've experienced personally. We're going to talk you through it today, so hold on to your postpartum sweatpants.
You will learn:
- What crying while peeing can really mean
- Methods for soothing your baby through this phase
- What to do when negative self-talk creeps in
- About the fourth trimester
- More options to hold your baby over the potty comfortably
- When to rule out possible health reasons with your pediatrician
Links and other resources mentioned today:
- The Go Diaper Free Book
- Go Diaper Free Supply List
- Dunstan Baby Language
- EC Classic Hold
- Kushies Waterproof Pad
- Podcast Episode 38 - Sound Associations
- Baby Leggings and Warmers
- Dr. Sears Baby Book
- Baby Meets Potty Minicourse
- Free Observation Log
- The Tiny Potty Training Book
- Top Hat Potty at TinyUndies.com
- Easy Start Guide for EC (Free Download)
Download the Transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Watch the Video Version (new!)
If you want to watch me record today’s podcast episode, you can do that on my youtube version right here:
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show and help more parents find out about EC:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share your thoughts by leaving a note in the comments section below!
Does your newborn cry while peeing? Have you figured out a solution that I didn't name...or did one of these work for you? Please leave a comment below with your experience!
I look forward to chatting with you in the comments.
Disclosure Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from purchases made through the links on this page.