What do you do when Baby plays with her potty but doesn’t sit on it? Do you take the potty away? Do you let Baby play with it while anxiously hovering to ensure she plays “correctly”? Do you just give up on the whole idea of Baby pottying independently? Hear four solutions to the potty play dilemma plus tips for using potty play to teach independence and make pottying more convenient for parents, too!
You will hear:
- common misconceptions about baby playing with the potty
- four solutions to the potty play dilemma
- how to teach potty skills to build independence
- tips for making potty time more convenient for parents
- what banging on the potty could signal
- two final tips in case all else “fails”
- where to put your mini potty when you're not using it in the house
Links and other resources mentioned today:
- Getting Back on Track Podcast
- Getting Back on Track Minicourse
- Ginsey Seat Reducer
- Mini Potty
- The Log App iOS and Android
- Won't Sit Podcast
Download the Transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Watch the Video Version (new!)
If you want to watch me record today’s podcast episode, you can do that on my youtube version right here:
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show and help more parents find out about EC:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share your thoughts by leaving a note in the comments section below!
What do you do when your baby plays with the potty?
Please leave a comment below with your thoughts
I look forward to discussing with you in the comments, below!
Disclosure Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from purchases made through the links on this page.