Getting back on track with EC [after falling off the wagon]
So many parents completely fall off the EC wagon during months 8-14 when baby is becoming mobile, and mom and dad are getting back to "normal" life and work.
This is 100% normal!
However, if you're in this situation, you may feel like you've failed, or like a loser, or completely overwhelmed. "How in the world can I start EC again? Everything has changed!"
Don't worry. I'm going to give you a surefire way to get EC back on track, quickly, and in audio no less.
In today's Go Diaper Free Podcast episode, I cover:
- the best baby wardrobe for getting back in touch with her natural potty timing
- how to log your baby's natural timing for poo and pee
- the two events you should be logging from
- how to know you've collected enough information
- choosing your potty commitment (part-time or full-time)
- how to begin again, anew.
First, you'll need somewhere to keep track of things during observation.
Download your free EC Observation Log here:
Next, listen to today's podcast, in full.
Below you'll find some of the things I mention in today's episode.
Supplies you will need
- observation log (above)
- a pen or pencil
- a clock, watch, or smart phone (for keeping track of intervals)
- a diaper belt or elastic scrunchie
- cloth prefolds (get the REGULAR or PREMIUM size for use in a diaper belt) OR burp cloths
- cloth diaper covers and inserts/prefolds for after you get back on track, mainly daytime and possibly nighttime - get the INFANT size for inserting per my Quick EC Diaper Method, below.
- toilet seat reducer OR mini potty OR tophat potty (the latter is usually for 9 months and under)
- disposables that stay wet but contain leaks (for daycare or caregiving with others, and for nighttime/naptime if need be)
- my Go Diaper Free book (it will help you fill in any blank you have after listening to the instructions!)
- the Tiny Potty board book for your child
- the Tiny Potty Training Book for you if you want to wrap up nighttime or daytime EC with potty training, for later on.
How to put baby in a sumo style diaper
And now a quick video walk-through of...
How to use my Quick EC Diapering Method
(for after you've collected your info)
Last, enjoy being back on the EC train!!
I hope that you love today's episode.
Please share YOUR goals for getting EC back on track in the comments below...and then report back to us with your success after you've implemented your elimination communication re-start!
I was looking to get a copy of your observation log. I’ve submitted my name and email 3x and it’s been almost 2 hours – should it take that long to come to my email? And yes I have checked my junk mail as well…?
Hi Beth (and everyone) – I believe we fixed this for ya back then, but for other recent readers, it is fixed! :)
It seems to not be working again. Anywhere else it can be found?
No it’s not….same issue
Hi Victoria! Often our emails get filtered out as spam, you can check your other/spam folders. You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send it to you as well. xx Andrea
Hi Andrea! Somehow I can’t see the link to play the podcast. Am I missing something? Thanks !
Hi Laura! Directly below the Podcast picture you’ll see a black circle with a pink play button. There is also the option to download right there. xx Andrea
I can’t see the link neither
Hi Vivien! Directly below the Podcast picture you’ll see a black circle with a pink play button. There is also the option to download right there. xx Andrea