“Is my baby’s poop normal?” If you became a parent in the last 20 years or so, you have probably typed this question into an internet search bar at some point. And if you practice elimination communication, the photos (and some of the advice) that you found were probably less-than-helpful. Today we’re talking about how baby poop can change over the course of your EC journey, and when you might want to seek professional help - without having to look at any poop pictures!
You Will Hear:
- The stages when baby poop typically changes and how
- The major difference between what poop looks like in a potty vs a diaper
- Signs that your baby may have diarrhea
- Signs that your baby may be constipated
- When it is important to seek medical help
- Some tips to help resolve constipation in babies
Links and other resources mentioned today:
- Baby-Led Weaning Made Easy Podcast with Katie Ferraro
- Babyled Weaning: An interview with Katie Ferraro - Podcast #163
- Babyledweanteam on Instagram
- Constipation: How to Safely Use Prunes for Babies - BLWME Podcast #287
- Starting solids (and how it affects elimination communication) - Podcast #45
- Top Hat Potty
- Constipation woes: How to help a constipated baby become regular again - Podcast #89
- Easy Start Guide for EC - Free Download
- 3-day Primer for Starting Potty Training - Email Series
- Private EC Support Group on Facebook
- Private Potty Training Support Group on Facebook
- Go Diaper Free Book
- Tiny Potty Training Book
- Go Diaper Free Store
- Tiny Undies Store
Download the Transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Watch the Video Version
If you want to watch the recording of today’s podcast episode, you can do that on my youtube version right here:
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show and help more parents find out about EC:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share your thoughts by leaving a note in the comments section below!
How has practicing Elimination Communication affected your ability to monitor your baby’s health through their poop?
Disclosure Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from purchases made through the links on this page.