“I thought we were gonna be wrapping it up, but it's the opposite!” What do you do when you hit regression after Baby starts walking? Should you just give up and put her back in diapers? Today I demystify this common EC experience + share several ways to respond and flow with this phase like a pro.
You will hear:
- what resistance actually means
- how to respond to resistance
- tips for giving your child privacy during pottying
- show to figure when to offer the potty
- the ultimate goal of any response to resistance
- tasks to teach for pottying independence
- tools for a smooth transition to independence
Links and other resources mentioned today:
- Mini Potty (super short for little learners)
- Tiny Undies or Trainers esp in Bear/Learn for self-dressing
- The Log App iOS and Android (to track timing)
- Easy Catch #1
- Easy Catch #2
- Easy Catch #3
- Easy Catch #4
- EasyStart Guide for EC (contains all four Easy Catches)
- The Go Diaper Free Book (esp the Passing the Baton Chapter)
- Premium Course Pack (all minicourses + 3 new programs)
- Coming soon: Passing the Baton (toddler program)
Download the Transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Watch the Video Version (new!)
If you want to watch me record today’s podcast episode, you can do that on my youtube version right here:
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show and help more parents find out about EC:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share your thoughts by leaving a note in the comments section below!
Are you experiencing regression at walking? Have you rolled with this before?
Please leave a comment below with your thoughts
I look forward to discussing with you in the comments, below!
Disclosure Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn a small commission from purchases made through the links on this page.