In this 3rd session of The Go Diaper Free Podcast, I share with you when to begin EC, including the optimal starting age, starting where you are, and what to do if you’ve exceeding the optimal window for EC altogether.
The cool thing is that there is a resource for everyone, no matter what age baby, and I aim to match you up with what you will need to make potty independence a reality starting at any age. This episode will help us accomplish that, together!
In today’s episode, you’ll also hear an overview of how starting at certain ages can have positive and negatives, and you'll get a grip on what to do if you're past the whole window altogether...
A hint: EC starts earlier than you'd guess!
In this episode, you'll learn:
- Which infant potty training start ages make the most sense, and why
- What "starting early" can involve (it's less work than you'd imagine)
- An introduction to "Late Start EC"...or what I like to call Starting EC Older
- How beating yourself up for missing some unforeseen boat can really be tripping you up
- What exactly to do if you've exceeded the overall EC window of 0-18 months
- Plus much more...
Things I've mentioned in this session:
- My new gentle potty training resource for 18+ months (what to do instead of EC, at that age only)
- The Go Diaper Free private members' area and my new book, Go Diaper Free: A Simple Handbook for Elimination Communication, are one in the same now! (for those of you who want to go ahead with EC at 0-18 months)
Thank you again for tuning in...best wishes with your beautiful baby.
Download the transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here: