Hi! This episode of my podcast on going diaper-free brings us closer to a complete understanding of what EC is...Part 2.
We’ve covered, back in episode 2, what EC is in a very small nutshell, and a list of things that EC is not. That got us in the right frame of mind and now we are going to venture forth into a few more details.
In this session I’ll cover some basics that will help you orient yourself towards the big picture of what EC is, including the 4 events that lead to potty time, alternatives to diapering and doing diaper-free time, types of EC and what to expect, and what sort of support is helpful when doing EC.
In future episodes, we will break this down into bite-size chunks that will help you whether you are just starting or have been doing EC for a while now and would like to fill in some blanks. But, for now, this is the second half the orientation bit.
It certainly clears up a bunch of surface-level questions your might have about potty training your baby, so I hope you enjoy listening.
In this episode, we will cover:
- The 4 keys to EC (basically, 4 different things to base your EC practice on)
- The range of diapering alternatives
- Diaper-free time - naked vs. in clothing, and why it's important
- The 3 main types of EC (and why most of us do type #2)
- What to expect with EC - completion, dryness, and whatnot
- The best ways to find support for your infant potty training issues
- Plus much more...
What's linkable in this session:
- EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy (version 3.0) by Andrea Olson has been replaced by my new book, Go Diaper Free
- The Go Diaper Free private members' area (comes with my book)
Download the transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here: