Today I debunk a common myth about wet pants and share what wet pants actually teach us, how to respond (and stay calm!), and when wet pants may not be okay.
You will hear:
- The common myth about wet pants in EC
- What wet pants can teach baby – and you, the parent
- When wet pants are NOT okay
- How to handle sudden wet pants during developmental change
- Tips for being prepared for wet pants while on the go
- how to be prepared for wet pants at home
- what to keep in mind during a wet pants episode
Links and other resources mentioned today:
- Podcast on Handling Changes
- Podcast on Montessori + EC/Potty Training
- Wet/Dry Bag
- Tiny Undies (esp Learn, for self-dressing)
- Tiny Trainers (esp Learn, for self-dressing)
- Mini Potty
- Tiny Potty Training Book
- Go Diaper Free Book
- Book Owners’ Forums
Download the Transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Watch the Video Version (new!)
If you want to watch me record today’s podcast episode, you can do that on my youtube version right here:
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show and help more parents find out about EC:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share your thoughts by leaving a note in the comments section below!
Do you think wet pants are okay or not okay?
I look forward to discussing with you in the comments, below!