Starting Elimination Communication with a 6 month baby, up to 12 months old, is absolutely recommended. And common!
Most of you found out about EC (or had the guts or wherewithall to start doing it) when your baby was around 6-12 months old. I'd say about 63% of you are in this boat.
This can be such a fun time to begin EC, and because of obvious reasons (um, mobility! exploration! curiosity! preverbal connections!), it can be a pain in the rumpus.
In today's video I go into the pros and cons of starting EC at 6-12 months old. If this applies to you, my hope is that it will help you feel like you're not alone, and on the right track. :) It's just 6 minutes long:
- why this age supports EC learning
- why your baby might not be crawling over just to say "hello" (sorry!)
- why you should use my Getting EC Back on Track MiniCourse to start EC at this age (the super-easy way to begin!)
- how many babies in today's world are potty trained (and done) during this window of age
- why babies stop signaling during this age (and what you can do about it - esp my Potty Time Master Course and my book).
Please comment below with whether you started at 6-12 months, or not, and why!
No judgment here...just super-curious to hear what you all are doing. :)
Next time we'll discuss starting with a young toddler. Stay tuned by subscribing to my channel at youtube.
Attention: As a member of the Amazon affiliate program I earn a small commission for the links on this page.