Sometimes we just need to share our stories! Today I share my entire EC journey with my son, Kaiva, from beginning to end.
Since Kaiva turned 3 years old, I thought it must be a good time to share our whole infant potty training story, beginning to end.
I hope that my journey ECing Kaiva informs your EC practice or helps you in some way.
In this session, I share:
- How I first learned about EC...and thought it weird but interesting
- Starting EC
- Disposable diapers vs. cloth diapers
- Bumps in the road - crawling, walking, moving house several times, nighttime pottying, etc.
- How I started writing my book, EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy (EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy (version 3.0) by Andrea Olson has been replaced by my new book, Go Diaper Free: A Simplified Handbook for Elimination Communication, by Andrea Olson)
- Traveling internationally and doing EC
- Doing EC all by your lonesome
- EC Completion - daytime and nighttime
- Issues with potty trained toddlers
- EC for co-parents in two separate households
- Preparing your toddler for ECing a new baby
- Plus much more...
Some links + resources I mentioned in this session
- Finding Balance with Attachment Parenting by Andrea Olson (my other book/audio where I share about my weaning experience and technique with Kaiva)
- The Continuum Concept by Jean Liedloff
- The Diaper Free Baby by Christine Gross-Loh
- Baby Gift Registry
- Seventh Generation Disposable Diapers
- Cloth baby wipes by Thirsties
- Berkeley Yoga Center (prenatal and mama-baby yoga classes led by Mel Green)
- EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy (version 3.0) by Andrea Olson has been replaced by my new book, Go Diaper Free: A Simplified Handbook for Elimination Communication, by Andrea Olson
- our community Members' area here on Go Diaper Free
Download the transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Please share part of your elimination communication story in the comments below...or what part of my story has helped you?
Thanks! xx Andrea