You’ve heard of young toddlers signaling that they have to go potty, but when it comes to your kiddo, there isn’t a signal in sight! Is there anything you can do to help your LO give you a heads up? Or are you stuck with the silent treatment? Find out in today’s episode, as we discuss what you can do to encourage your toddler to signal for the potty.
You Will Hear:
- What signals we recommend you teach your child
- Strategies for encouraging your kiddo to signal
- How to teach different signals for the bathroom and going potty, and why this is important
- When to move from sound cues to teaching signals and why
- Tips for setting realistic expectations around signaling
- How changing your baby’s back-up can influence signaling
Links and other resources mentioned today:
- Example of ASL sign for “potty”
- Teaching baby to signal - Podcast #47
- Blog post - Signaling: My baby doesn’t signal
- The Ultimate Guide to EC Back-ups - Podcast #53
- Tiny Undies small baby underwear
- Tiny Trainers
- “Passing the Baton” Young Toddlers EC Program
- Wrapping Up EC MiniCourse
- Go Diaper Free Book
- Tiny Potty Training Book
- Go Diaper Free Store
- Tiny Undies Store
Download the Transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Watch the Video Version
If you want to watch the recording of today’s podcast episode, you can do that on my youtube version right here:
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show and help more parents find out about EC:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Share your thoughts by leaving a note in the comments section below!
How did you get your baby signaling? If your baby doesn’t signal yet, which of these suggestions are you going to try?