We had our daughter Isadora on September 24, 2013, at 4:14am. Weighing in at 8lb even and a short 18 3/4" long, she's a beaut! I'm preparing a series of instructions/storytelling on starting EC from birth...so stay tuned for that.
The day before going into labor, I recorded this episode #15 of the Go Diaper Free Podcast: Preparing for EC with a New Baby. Funny how that timing worked out, eh?
Listen to this episode if you are expecting a child and would like to know what to gather, gear- and resource-wise, prior to your birth.
In this episode, I cover:
- What gear you need to gather such as clothing, diapers, potties, creams, and pads
- What you may not know you did not need
- What learning resources you will need
- The importance of not "winging it"
- Your support network (or lack thereof)
- Exactly how I prepared for Isadora's arrival, with the intention of ECing from Day 1
- Plus much more...
Some links + resources I mentioned in this session
- EC Wear - WAHM-run online store offering cute + convenient clothing for Elimination Communication
- BabyLegs legwarmers
- Hank & JoJo's long baby socks
- Rock-a-Thigh Baby long baby socks
- EC Wear's L'il Baby Chaps
- EC Wear's Split Pants
- Under the Nile Footed Pants
- EC Wear's Regular Elastic-Topped Pants
- Split Crotch Pants DIY Pattern
- Knotted Baby Hat Pattern
- Seventh Generation Diapers
- Grovia Cloth Diaper Covers
- Cotton Prefold Diapers (for inserts)
- Hemp/Cotton Blend Prefold Diapers (for inserts)
- Wool Diaper Cover
- Wool Soaker Pants (to cover undies)
- Gerber 100% cotton training pants (to use as underwear) and the new Tiny Undies line of small underwear (by yours truly!)
- Thirsties cloth wipes
- Seventh Generation Wipes
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm
- Tophat Potty or Potty Bowl
- Cozy for Tophat Potty or Potty Bowl
- bEcoPotty - biodegradable potty
- Potty Cozy (for regular potties)
- 12 Weeks' Sleep by 12 Weeks Old by Suzy Giordano (audible version is most up-to-date)
- EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy (version 3.0) by Andrea Olson has been replaced by my new book, Go Diaper Free: A Simplified Handbook for Elimination Communication, by Andrea Olson
- our community Members' area here on Go Diaper Free
Download the transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here:
Review this podcast in iTunes and help more parents learn about EC!
It helps new parents discover EC for the first time! Please leave a review here...it only takes a sec...Thanks!