Doing cold weather EC? Tricky...so much that sometimes parents just pause their practice til it's warm again, or don't start til spring hits.
I'm posting this podcast episode now that it's finally 18 degrees outside here in Asheville, NC (when I recorded this episode in December it was still a warm 50 degrees!).
Wherever in the world you are, if you find yourself in a cold season or climate, it will be helpful to know of some tricks for using Elimination Communication with your baby in cold weather.
This episode covers just that...and boy do we need some help now that a cold spell is sweeping the nation!
You will learn:
- how to best dress your baby for cold weather EC, including which layers to choose
- how to make naked diaper-free observation time possible in your home
- how to manage infant potty training while out and about
- surviving cold weather camping with a baby
- pottying in your parked vehicle
- why I moved from California to Asheville, North Carolina
- plus much more...
Right click here to download the MP3 or click the play button at the top of this post to listen to the full episode.
Links to some things I shared in this session:
- Cold Weather EC Clothing:
- BabyLegs LegWarmers
- Rock-a-Thigh Baby long baby socks
- Zutano booties
- Split-crotch baby pants
- Baby chaps
- Top hat potty (or "EC potty bowl") for pottying inside a parked car when it's cold outside
- Top hat potty cozy (keep that bum warm, and away from the cold plastic of the potty)
- The Go Diaper Free Newsletter
- my new EC book “Go Diaper Free: A Simplified Handbook for Elimination Communication”
- Jamie's potty training book has been replaced as a recommendation by my new book on non-coercive potty training, The Tiny Potty Training Book (recommended for 18+ month young toddlers, instead of EC)
- subscribe to the podcast and/or leave a review (so more people learn about EC!) on iTunes here.