Infant Pottying is somewhat rare in most Western countries. People have strong reactions to what seems odd to them: A baby without diapers? Pottying at that age? Asking to go to the bathroom...at birth?
Mostly, these reactions involve the creation of myths and misperceptions.
I'm going to try to clear up some of these myths, 5 of them, in this Part 1 of a series of episodes about EC myths.
In this episode, I cover:
- Parent training vs. potty training
- Convenience of toilet training vs. EC
- How long does EC really take?
- Does EC take longer than conventional toilet training?
- Can early potty training psychologically damage my child?
- Plus much more...
Mentioned in this session
- email Andrea with any myths you've heard that you find interesting
- EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy (version 3.0) by Andrea Olson has been replaced by my new book, Go Diaper Free: A Simplified Handbook for Elimination Communication, by Andrea Olson
Listen on iTunes
Click here to listen to, subscribe to, and leave a review for the Go Diaper Free Podcast on iTunes.
Download the transcript
If you can't listen to this episode right now (um, sleeping baby!?)...download and read the transcript here: