Sometimes we just need to share our stories! Today I share my entire EC journey with my son, Kaiva, from beginning to end.
Since Kaiva turned 3 years old, I thought it must be a good time to share our whole infant potty training story, beginning to end.
I hope that my journey ECing Kaiva informs your EC practice or helps you in some way.
In this session, I share:
- How I first learned about EC...and thought it weird but interesting
- Starting EC
- Disposable diapers vs. cloth diapers
- Bumps in the road - crawling, walking, moving house several times, nighttime pottying, etc.
- How I started writing my book, EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy (EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy (version 3.0) by Andrea Olson has been replaced by my new book, Go Diaper Free: A Simplified Handbook for Elimination Communication, by Andrea Olson)
- Traveling internationally and doing EC
- Doing EC all by your lonesome
- EC Completion - daytime and nighttime
- Issues with potty trained toddlers
- EC for co-parents in two separate households
- Preparing your toddler for ECing a new baby
- Plus much more...
Some links + resources I mentioned in this session
- Finding Balance with Attachment Parenting by Andrea Olson (my other book/audio where I share about my weaning experience and technique with Kaiva)
- The Continuum Concept by Jean Liedloff
- The Diaper Free Baby by Christine Gross-Loh
- Amazon.com Baby Gift Registry
- Seventh Generation Disposable Diapers
- Cloth baby wipes by Thirsties
- Berkeley Yoga Center (prenatal and mama-baby yoga classes led by Mel Green)
- EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy (version 3.0) by Andrea Olson has been replaced by my new book, Go Diaper Free: A Simplified Handbook for Elimination Communication, by Andrea Olson
- our community Members' area here on Go Diaper Free
Please share part of your elimination communication story in the comments below...or what part of my story has helped you?
Thanks! xx Andrea