We had our daughter Isadora on September 24, 2013, at 4:14am. Weighing in at 8lb even and a short 18 3/4" long, she's a beaut! I'm preparing a series of instructions/storytelling on starting EC from birth...so stay tuned for that.
The day before going into labor, I recorded this episode #15 of the Go Diaper Free Podcast: Preparing for EC with a New Baby. Funny how that timing worked out, eh?
Listen to this episode if you are expecting a child and would like to know what to gather, gear- and resource-wise, prior to your birth.
In this episode, I cover:
- What gear you need to gather such as clothing, diapers, potties, creams, and pads
- What you may not know you did not need
- What learning resources you will need
- The importance of not "winging it"
- Your support network (or lack thereof)
- Exactly how I prepared for Isadora's arrival, with the intention of ECing from Day 1
- Plus much more...
Some links + resources I mentioned in this session
- EC Wear - WAHM-run online store offering cute + convenient clothing for Elimination Communication
- BabyLegs legwarmers
- Hank & JoJo's long baby socks
- Rock-a-Thigh Baby long baby socks
- EC Wear's L'il Baby Chaps
- EC Wear's Split Pants
- Under the Nile Footed Pants
- EC Wear's Regular Elastic-Topped Pants
- Split Crotch Pants DIY Pattern
- Knotted Baby Hat Pattern
- Seventh Generation Diapers
- Grovia Cloth Diaper Covers
- Cotton Prefold Diapers (for inserts)
- Hemp/Cotton Blend Prefold Diapers (for inserts)
- Wool Diaper Cover
- Wool Soaker Pants (to cover undies)
- Gerber 100% cotton training pants (to use as underwear) and the new Tiny Undies line of small underwear (by yours truly!)
- Thirsties cloth wipes
- Seventh Generation Wipes
- Earth Mama Angel Baby Bottom Balm
- Tophat Potty or Potty Bowl
- Cozy for Tophat Potty or Potty Bowl
- bEcoPotty - biodegradable potty
- Potty Cozy (for regular potties)
- 12 Weeks' Sleep by 12 Weeks Old by Suzy Giordano (audible version is most up-to-date)
- EC Simplified: Infant Potty Training Made Easy (version 3.0) by Andrea Olson has been replaced by my new book, Go Diaper Free: A Simplified Handbook for Elimination Communication, by Andrea Olson
- our community Members' area here on Go Diaper Free
Review this podcast in iTunes and help more parents learn about EC!
It helps new parents discover EC for the first time! Please leave a review here...it only takes a sec...Thanks!